In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Feb. 22 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was Accountant Amy Ramsey.
- The Jan. 25 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker effective April 1.
- Seibert provided directors an update on Southern Indiana Power’s ongoing capital credit retirement plan.
- The CEO report was shared with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reviewed the 2016 New Service and Service Order Survey results.
c. Seibert reported on the 2016 NISC patronage capital allocation.
d. Seibert discussed a PCDC North committee meeting that he attended.
e. Seibert, Manager of Member Services Rachael Goldsberry, Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum, Chairman Jeff Vogel and Directors Gary Waninger and Philip Meyer attended the Spencer County Chamber Dinner on Jan. 26.
f. Seibert reported Monroe Shine will conduct the cooperative’s annual audit in February.
g. Seibert and Goldsberry presented the 2016 capital credit retirement checks to commercial accounts in January.
h. Goldsberry and Hoosier Energy Key Accounts Manager Renee Campbell presented a lighting rebate check to Perry Central School.
i. Seibert reviewed the 2017-2018 INDOT Highway 66 project.
j. Seibert informed the board the EAP moratorium ends March 15.
k. Seibert announced he has been named Indiana FORE president.
l. Seibert announced he has been named to the IEC government relations committee.
m. Seibert informed directors of upcoming meeting dates: Youth Tour committee meeting — Feb. 23, NRECA annual meeting — Feb. 26-March 1, Project Indiana -— March 12-27, Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting — March 15, NRECA directors’ conference — April 1-4, Hoosier Energy annual meeting — April 13 and NRECA Legislative Conference — April 23-25.
- Ramsey reviewed IRS Form 990 with directors.
- The board approved a request from Indiana Electric Cooperatives for a corporate donation for 2017 FORE participation.
- John Bullock, training and safety specialist at Hoosier Energy, conducted capacitor bank safety training on Feb. 15. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory consultant with IEC, conducted AED, bloodborne pathogens, CPR and standard first aid training on Feb. 22. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Feb. 13.
- Director Randy Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held Feb. 15.
- Vogel read thank you notes from Perry County 4-H Council and Derby Association.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held March 22.