In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the April 26 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The March 22 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The January, February and March directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
- The first item of business was the reorganization of the board. Director Jeff Vogel was re-elected chairman of the board, director Michelle Lynch was re-elected vice chairman, and director Kevin Waninger was re-elected secretary/treasurer.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated the board on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reported on a Hoosier Energy Manager’s Association meeting that he attended.
c. Seibert reported on a 2016 Hoosier Energy special bill credit.
d. Seibert reviewed annual meeting attendance and meal numbers for the past five years.
e. Seibert informed the board of MISO Coleman/Duff transmission project information meetings that were held in April for landowners who might be affected by the project.
f. Seibert reported the 2016 Form 7 has been completed.
g. Seibert reported he, Manager of Member Services Rachael Goldsberry and directors Randy Kleaving and Lynch attended the PCDC Annual Meeting on April 6.
h. Seibert and directors Kleaving and Gary Waninger attended the NRECA Legislative Conference April 23-25.
i. Seibert informed the board there will be a new bill print format beginning with the May bills.
j. Seibert reported National Lineman Appreciation Day was April 10.
k. Southern Indiana Power received a Perry County News Reader’s Choice Award as the county’s best utility.
l. Seibert reported the following dates: National Administrative Professionals Day on April 26 and CFC Forum on June 5-8.
- The 2017 Southern Indiana Power annual meeting was reviewed. The board approved Tuesday, April 17, as the 2018 annual meeting date.
- Terry Adkins, senior loss control/risk management specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, discussed accidents across the state and conducted transformer safety training on April 6. John Bullock, safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, conducted substation training and trouble shooting on April 21. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and one public liability claim to report.
- Kleaving reported on Hoosier Energy’s annual meeting held April 13.
- Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held April 19.
- The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be Wednesday, May 31, and Wednesday, June 21.