In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the May 31 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert, Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton and Manager of Member Services Rachael Goldsberry.
2. The April 26 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert discussed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker (WPCT). There will be no changes to member rates at this time.
6. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided an update on Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reviewed 2017 kWh sales and 2016 property tax reports and gave updates on the 2017 construction budget and 2014-2017 work plan.
c. Seibert provided an update on the MISO Coleman/Duff project.
d. Seibert reported on a Waupaca Joint Operation Committee Meeting with Southern Indiana Power, Hoosier Energy and TCED.
e. Seibert informed directors of a Southern Indiana Power/Vectren territory line change in Warrick County.
f. SIP, Hoosier Energy, LEDC and PCDC met to discuss Hoosier Energy’s economic development offerings.
g. Seibert reported the spray crew started May 15 and began spraying on the Evanston sub.
h. Seibert reported pole treating began May 1 on the New Haven sub.
i. Seibert attended the Perry County Chamber Legislative Forum on Saturday, May 20.
j. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Orange County REMC Annual Meeting — June 2, CFC Forum — June 11-14, Perry County Chamber Business Awards — June 13, and CoBank Conference — June 26-27.
7. Gary Sheffer, loss control specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, provided forklift training on May 3. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and one public liability claim to report.
8. Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum was appointed assistant secretary/treasurer to the board of directors.
9. Director Philip Meyer was selected delegate and Director Randy Kleaving, alternate, to the NRECA regional meeting, which will be held Sept. 7-8.
10. Kleaving was selected delegate and Meyer, alternate, to the CFC district meeting, which will be held Sept. 7-8.
11. Kleaving was selected delegate and Seibert, alternate, to vote during the NRECA director election.
12. Directors approved participation in the NRUCFC Cooperative System Integrity Fund.
13. Director Gary Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held May 8.
14. Director training information was provided to directors.
15. The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be Wednesday, June 21, and Wednesday, July 26.