In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 28 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The Nov. 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The November director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert discussed Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reported Rachael Goldsberry has been hired as manager of member services. She will begin Jan. 17.
c. Seibert informed the board the geothermal tax credit extension failed to pass.
d. Seibert updated directors on a meeting he attended with Waupaca and TCED.
e. Seibert reported Hoosier Energy was part of the winning bid for the MISO 345 KV project.
f. Seibert reported on a PCDC North Perry committee meeting to discuss sewer lines at both Perry County I-64 interchanges.
g. Superior Ag will hold a ground breaking ceremony on Jan. 3 at Dale.
h. Seibert reported on a Project Indiana material donation made by Southern Indiana Power.
i. Seibert informed the board of the 2016 NISC capital credit allocation.
j. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA CEO conference – Jan. 8-11, LEDC annual meeting – Jan. 13, Spencer County Chamber dinner – Jan. 26, NRECA annual meeting – Feb. 26–March 1.
- Terry Adkins, senior loss control/risk management specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, performed safety training on grounding and grounds testing on Dec. 9. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Seibert and Director Michelle Lynch reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 16. Following discussion, the board approved the 2017 budget as presented.
- An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 23.
- A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the board.
- Director Gary Waninger reported on the IEC annual meeting held Dec. 5-6.
- The 2017 board meeting schedule was reviewed and approved by directors with revisions.
- Chairman Jeff Vogel read a thank you note from Ronald McDonald House charities for a donation.
- The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 25.