HAPPY CAMPING MEANS KEEPING ELECTRICAL SAFETY IN MIND. HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO KEEP YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE.
Before you go. Pack a fire extinguisher. A general ABC fire extinguisher will cover ordinary combustibles, like wood and grass, and fires involving electrical current.
Be aware and observant. Inspect the electrical hookup at your campsite for any damage. Make sure the extension cord to your tent isn’t a trip hazard and keep it away from any fires.
Don’t be a statistic. Around 400 to 500 people die in tents and campers from carbon monoxide poisoning every year. Make sure your RV is equipped with fire and carbon monoxide detectors. If using a generator, keep it outside and far away from doors and openings.