Use your voice! Run for LaGrange County REMC’s board of directors.
If you’ve been looking for a way to become more involved in the cooperative and your community, now is the time to pick up a petition to run for a seat on our board of directors.
The board is composed of seven individuals who represent the membership in his or her respective districts. Directors set policy and guide the future direction of the cooperative.
Qualified members of LaGrange County REMC, who live in those districts up for election (District 1 and District 2), may seek election by filing a petition with the signatures of 50 LaGrange County REMC members supporting the candidacy.
Petitions for election and other board information will be provided by the REMC. Completed petitions and biographical information must be returned to the REMC by April 10. For more information about the board of directors’ election process, stop by the office or call us at 877-463-7165.
- Attend all regular monthly board meetings, special board meetings, committee meetings and the REMC annual meeting. Attend occasional state, regional and national meetings.
- Represent a district, while also making decisions affecting the entire membership.
- Read and be familiar with information and financial reports from the cooperative.
- Determine policy guidelines for REMC daily operations.
- Determine work plans and establish a budget.
- Set rates and fee schedules.
- Enter into contracts for power supply, services and goods, as well as loans for capital improvements.
- Evaluate the performance of the cooperative and its CEO.
- Report to our members about the financial condition of the co-op.
- Employ communication skills to express opinion or disagreement with other directors.