February may be the shortest month of the year, but it’s packed with special observances like Presidents Day, Groundhog Day, and Valentine’s Day. They all have something in common — they were created to draw attention to a particular issue or theme.
Valentine’s Day may seem like an observance created by a greeting card company to boost sales. But over time, it’s become a widely celebrated day generating millions of dollars in flower, candy, and, of course, greeting card sales. But Valentine’s Day isn’t just for the lovebirds. It’s also the perfect time to let our friends, family, co-workers, and other special people in our lives know we care about them — with or without a store-bought greeting card.
So, in that vein, we have created our list of the top five reasons why we love serving you, the members of Southern Indiana Power.
- We love serving our members because the co-op wouldn’t exist without you. Our purpose is to provide you with safe, reliable, and affordable electricity.
- You enable us to complete our mission by supporting our efforts to give back. With your assistance, we can help members of our community through programs like Operation Round Up.
- Members of our co-op also serve on the board of directors. They provide guidance for setting co-op policies and priorities. Because our board members live in the area, they can serve as the pulse of the larger community and identify both immediate and long-term needs.
- You help us get it right. Southern Indiana Power members keep us in the know. We do our best to avoid power outages. Still, Mother Nature can occasionally throw us a curveball, and members are always willing to step up, help inform us, and direct us to the problem area.
- Southern Indiana Power members make up the community we serve — and for us, it’s all about community. Our employees live and work here, too, and care about our community like you do. We are invested and work to help it thrive. That’s why Southern Indiana Power donates to local organizations and schools. It’s also why we invest in economic development and why you see our employees engaged in all kinds of community endeavors.
As a co-op, our mission is to improve the quality of life in our community and look after its long-term interests. We love serving our members and local community, and just like you, we want to see it continue to thrive.