Every June, selected high school seniors-to-be from co-op families attend Indiana Youth Tour — a weeklong leadership experience in Washington, D.C., sponsored by Noble REMC. It’s an experience unlike any other, full of fun, friends and memories that last a lifetime.
So why should you apply?
- It’s not like your school trip to D.C. Many of you may have already been to D.C., but this trip is specifically planned to be different. We go to the places you probably didn’t visit on your school trip, and we give you more time to get an in-depth look at what our nation’s capital has to offer.
- You’ll meet new people. More than 100 Indiana delegates from across the state begin the week as strangers. By the end of the tour, they have developed close bonds that can last a lifetime.
- You can make your voice heard. Each Youth Tour includes a day on Capitol Hill, where you’ll be given the opportunity to visit a congressional office. There, you can meet a member of Congress face-to-face and discuss the issues that are important to you.
- You’ll learn about co-ops. Today’s young people don’t just want to work — they want to work with a purpose. Cooperatives, such as ours, are places to do just that. We put people over profits and are governed by the people we serve.
- It’s free and fun! There’s plenty of downtime to relax and hang out with your fellow Youth Tour students, as well as several social events to meet students from other states. And the cost of the experience is covered by Noble REMC. Just bring some money for souvenirs, and you’re set.
To learn more or apply for Indiana Youth Tour, visit nobleremc.com/Indiana-youth-tour before the application deadline of March 1.