In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Feb. 23 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Jan. 24 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker effective April 1. There will be no change to member rates at this time.
5. Seibert provided directors an update on Southern Indiana Power’s ongoing capital credit retirement plan.
6. The board approved the independent auditing firm of Monroe, Shine Inc. to perform the cooperative’s annual audit.
7. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported on the city of Tell City’s
b. Seibert reported on an Indiana Electric
Cooperative’s legislative meeting held
c. Seibert informed the board the EAP moratorium ends March 15.
d. Seibert reported Monroe Shine
conducted the cooperative’s annual
audit in February.
e. Seibert, staff and board chairman
Jeff Vogel attended the LEDC annual
meeting on Jan. 26.
f. Seibert informed directors of upcoming
meeting dates: NRECA annual meeting,
Feb. 25-28; Operation Round Up
board of trustees meeting, March 14;
NRECA directors’ conference, March
26-28; Hoosier Energy annual meeting,
April 5; and NRECA legislative
conference, April 8-11.
8. The board approved the engineering firm of Distribution System Solutions to help in preparing the cooperative’s 2019-2022 work plan.
9. The board approved a request from Indiana Electric Cooperatives for a corporate donation for 2018 FORE participation.
10. Roger Wenning, senior loss control specialist with IEC, conducted basic life support training on Feb. 20. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
11. Vogel presented a Youth Tour committee report. Youth Tour attendees will be Chase Beckort of Tell City, Janna Neyenhaus of Perry Central, Claire Davis of Perry Central, and April Cash of Heritage Hills. Touchstone Energy Camp attendees will be Jolene Hagedorn, Meredith Hubert and Jacob Wagner.
12. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Feb. 12.
13. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held Feb. 21.
14. Vogel read a thank you note from Junior Achievement.
15. The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, March 21, and Monday, April 30.