In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Feb. 24 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Feb. 24 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker effective April 1.
6. Seibert provided a fiber project update.
7. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the front lobby will remain open. We will continue to monitor local COVID-19 data.
b. Seibert informed the board that cooperative employees will continue a normal work schedule for March while following CDC guidance.
c. Seibert reported an electric vehicle charging station has been installed at the cooperative.
d. Seibert discussed a possible pole yard expansion.
e. Seibert informed the board the EAP moratorium ends March 15.
f. Seibert reported Seibert provided an electric system performance update.
g. Seibert informed the board of capital credits allocated to the cooperative from NISC.
h. Seibert informed directors of upcoming meeting dates: NRECA annual meeting (virtual), Feb. 22-24; 2021 NRECA Directors’ conference (virtual) March 22-25; Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting, March 24; Hoosier Energy annual meeting (virtual), April 6.
8. Greg Pemberton, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, conducted grounds testing and discussed accidents around the state, their causes and prevention on Feb. 4. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
9. The board approved a request from Indiana Electric Cooperatives for a corporate donation for 2021 FORE participation.
10. The board approved a 2021 corporate donation to United Way.
11. Seibert was selected voting delegate for the upcoming CRC Annual Meeting.
12. The board approved London Witte Group to perform the 2020 and 2021 financial audits for the cooperative.
13. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held virtually Feb. 8.
14. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held virtually Feb. 17.
15. Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from John Leeds and IEC.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, March 31.