Locally owned companies are the backbone of our community. With summer in full swing, now is the perfect time to make sure your business is equipped for maximum energy savings.
- LED lighting for your business allows you to maintain your preferred brightness levels while keeping energy costs low. And don’t forget about your outdoor lighting options as well as timers for automatic, overnight shutoff.
- Check any refrigeration to ensure it is running optimally and keeping items cool without setting the thermostat lower than necessary. Keep up with regular maintenance and freon refills to ensure safe and longer-lasting inventory.
- Electric motor-driven systems account for about 25% of all commercial energy use. For larger operations, variable speed drives may be necessary to optimize your energy consumption.
- Unplug all unnecessary or unused appliances and electronic equipment. Many of these devices continue to draw power even when they are turned off. Advanced power strips are a smart, low-cost upgrade.
- Make sure your HVAC system is sized correctly for your business space. If it is not, this could lead to inefficient operation or insufficient cooling. LaGrange County REMC’s energy advisor, Jake Taylor, can help you evaluate your existing system.
These tips can help you lower your energy use while keeping your operations humming.
LaGrange County REMC knows that your bottom line is important when making these business operations decisions. If these or other energy-saving adjustments require purchases, be sure to check out our rebates section about ways to save: https://www.lagrangeremc.com/energy-efficiency-rebate-programs.
As your local electric cooperative, we would be happy to come to your office, warehouse or storefront to conduct a comprehensive energy audit to make sure you’re maximizing every dollar. Contact Jake Taylor at 877-463-7165 to set up your energy audit today.