“Fall” into savings, and you’ll be well on your way to pocketing some extra green throughout the winter months! Your cooperative has energy tips to help you reduce electric bills, keep your home comfortable and save money!
As you begin to feel that nip in the air, take these simple steps to control energy costs and watch them add up for big savings:
- Open blinds and curtains to let the sunshine in during the day.
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees for maximum energy savings.
- Ensure that heat vents are not covered.
- Caulk and seal around windows.
- Add and maintain weatherstripping around doors.
- Adjust your ceiling fan to turn in a clockwise direction. This will force warm air downward.
- Close your fireplace damper when not in use.
- Install foam gaskets behind outlet covers to prevent air infiltration.
- Have a professional tune up your heating system.
- Make sure ceiling insulation is adequate. A minimum of R-38 is recommended.
Following these steps can help you become a “seasoned” energy saver. Visit www.sinpwr.com for savings resources, rebates and more! Remember: The actions you take today affect your energy bill’s bottom line.