In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 27 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were Hoosier Energy’s CEO Donna Walker and Executive Vice President Tom VanParis.
- The Nov. 28 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert gave an update on the 2018 Farm Bill and its impact on Southern Indiana Power.
b. Seibert provided an update on the NRECA Indiana director election process.
c. Seibert reported on a United Utility Supply rebate of $3,000 for transformer purchases.
d. Seibert informed the board of 2018 capital credit allocations from NISC.
e. Seibert provided a Cooperatives One update
f. Seibert reported 2019 IEC Project Indiana dates are March 24 – April 9.
g. Seibert informed the board 2018 pole treating is complete for Newtonville and part of the Tell City substations. Pole treating will resume in 2019.
h. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA CEO conference – Jan. 9-11, LEDC Annual meeting – Jan. 25, NRECA Directors conference – Feb. 10-12, NRECA annual meeting – March 11-13.
- Brandon Gentry and John Bullock, training and safety instructors at Hoosier Energy, performed recloser controls skill improvement on Dec. 3. Roger Wenning, senior loss control specialist at Indiana Electric Cooperatives, performed grounds testing on Dec. 5. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Directors reviewed section 7 of the NRECA good governance task force report relating to director compensation.
- Seibert and Director Michelle Lynch reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 21. Following discussion, the board approved the 2019 budget as presented.
- An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 15.
- A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved
by the board.
- Director Philip Meyer reported on the IEC Annual Meeting held Dec. 3-4.
- The 2019 board meeting schedule was reviewed and approved by directors.
- Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, Rose Braun, the Perry County 4-H council, and Lincoln Heritage public library.
- Walker presented a patronage capital credit check from 1993 to Vogel. Walker gave a brief update focusing on Hoosier Energy’s strategic priorities.
- The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, Jan. 23, and Wednesday, Feb. 27.