In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 20 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Nov. 29 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
5. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert discussed a Waupaca Joint Operating Committee Meeting. An agreement was reached between Southern Indiana Power, Hoosier Energy and TCED for Hoosier Energy to begin performing the maintenance on the Waupaca substation in 2018.
b. Seibert reported on the cooperative’s Federated Insurance equity balance.
c. Seibert informed directors Federated Insurance completed a worker’s comp audit.
d. Seibert informed the board the 2018 ACSI survey will begin in early January.
e. Seibert reviewed a residential demand rate pilot for employees and directors.
f. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA CEO conference – Jan. 7-10, LEDC annual meeting – Jan. 26, 2019 strategic planning session – Feb. 22-23, NRECA annual meeting – Feb. 25-28.
6. John Bullock, training and safety specialist at Hoosier Energy, performed transformer connections and troubleshooting hands-on training on Nov. 30. Chuck Tiemann, safety and risk management instructor at Indiana Electric Cooperatives, performed safety training on rigging and pole safety on Dec. 19. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
7. Seibert and director Michelle Lynch reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 11. Following discussion, the board approved the 2018 budget as presented.
8. An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 22.
9. A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the board.
10. Director Kevin Waninger reported on the IEC annual meeting held Dec. 4-5.
11. The 2018 board meeting schedule was reviewed by directors.
12. Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from Lincoln Heritage Public Library and Southern Rivers Energy.
13. The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, Jan. 24, and Friday, Feb. 23.