In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 28 board meeting:
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also, via Webex, John Wolfram, Catalyst Consulting, LLC.
2. The Nov. 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The November director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the fiber project with PSC providing directors details of all phases of the project.
7. John Wolfram of Catalyst Consulting LLC gave an update on the cost-of-service study via Webex.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board of 2022 capital credit allocations from NISC.
b. Seibert discussed the 2023 standby schedule.
c. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA CEO conference — Jan. 8-10, LEDC annual meeting Jan. 27, NRECA director’s conference and the NRECA PowerXchange March 5-8.
9. The board adopted a resolution to approve a RUS loan for the 2023-2026 work plan.
10. Kevin Burch, training & safety instructor with Hoosier Energy, conducted Lock Out/Tag Out review on Dec. 7. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
11. A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the Board.
12. Directors reviewed and approved the 2023 board meeting schedule.
13. An Annual Meeting Committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 19.
14. Director Dirk Stein was elected voting delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate for the NRECA 2023 PowerXchange conference March 5-8.
15. Seibert was elected voting delegate for the NRTC Annual Meeting.
16. Director David Lynch reported on the IEC annual meeting held Dec. 5-6.
17. Director Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held Dec. 12.
18. Committee Chairman Waninger and Seibert reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 21. Following discussion, the Board approved the 2023 budget as presented.
19. Chairman Vogel read thank-you notes from Andrew Bolen of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and Paul Sanders.
20. The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 25.