To keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 18 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was Manager of Member Services Rachael Goldsberry.
2. The Nov. 20 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The directors report was reviewed and approved.
5. Goldsberry provided a marketing and member services update for the board.
6. Seibert and the board discussed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker and its financial impact on the cooperative.
7. Seibert provided an update on the fiber project with PSC.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board, Cooperative Response Center (CRC) will be the co-op’s new contracted call center beginning Jan. 28.
b. Seibert informed the board of 2019 capital credit allocations from NISC.
c. Seibert reported the following dates: director system tour – Jan. 10, NRECA CEO conference – Jan. 12-15, NRECA annual meeting – March 1-4, NRECA directors conference – April 5-7.
9. Roger Wenning, senior loss control specialist at Indiana Electric Cooperatives, performed grounds testing on Nov. 21. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory consultant with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, performed vehicle extraction training on Dec. 13. Brandon Gentry, training and safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, performed system voltage and customer complaints skill improvement training and LOTO review on Dec. 18. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
10. A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the board.
11. The 2020 board meeting schedule was reviewed and approved by directors.
12. An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 28.
13. Seibert and committee Chairman Philip Meyer reported on the budget committee meeting held December. Following discussion, the board approved the 2020 budget as presented.
14. Director Gary Waninger reported on the IEC annual meeting held Dec. 9-10.
15. Chairman Jeff Vogel read a thank you note from the Tell City Kiwanis club.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 29.