In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 30 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Present via WebEx were Hoosier Energy employees — President/CEO Donna Walker, Executive Vice President Tom Van Paris and COO Rob Horton.
2. The Nov. 18 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The November directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Walker, Van Paris and Horton gave an insightful update focusing on topics including Hoosier Energy’s new resource plan, COVID response, member power supply flexibility, market program core values and wholesale rate outlook.
7. Seibert provided an update on the fiber project with PSC providing directors details of all phases of the project.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board the front lobby is currently open as we
continue to monitor local COVID-19 data.
b. Seibert reported cooperative employees will continue with a normal
work schedule for January while following CDC guidelines.
c. Seibert informed the board of 2020 capital credit allocations from NISC.
d. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA Annual Meeting (virtual) –
9. Brandon Gentry, training and safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, performed Lock Out Tag Out review on Dec. 8. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
10. A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the board.
11. The 2021 board meeting schedule was reviewed and by directors.
12. An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 15.
13. Seibert was elected voting delegate and Chairman Jeff Vogel alternate for the NRTC annual meeting to be held virtually on Feb. 25.
14. Director Gary Waninger reported on the IEC annual meeting held virtually on Dec. 7.
15. Committee Chairman Kevin Waninger and Seibert reported on a wage and salary committee meeting held Dec. 15. The committee has scheduled their next meeting for Jan. 26.
16. Committee Chairman Philip Meyer and Seibert reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 18. Following discussion, the board approved the 2021 budget as presented.
17. Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from John Hargis, Ron Johnson, St. John’s Lutheran Church, and Fulda Sportsman Club.
18. Meyer was recognized for 10 years of service on the board of directors.
19. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 27.