Celebrate Halloween and electrical safety by creating your own Willie Wiredhand pumpkin.
Download a stencil of Willie’s face, so you can carve or paint your pumpkin to look just like him!
What you need:
- 1 tall pumpkin
- 1 sharp, serrated knife
- 1 large spoon or pumpkin scooper
- 1 Willie Wiredhand stencil
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 permanent marker
- 1 pumpkin carving kit
- 1 tea light or battery-powered LED candle
What to do:
- Ask a parent to cut off the crown of your pumpkin using a sharp serrated knife.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the pumpkin seeds and fibers from inside the pumpkin and discard.
- Scrape the pumpkin’s interior flesh, so the pumpkin is dry and free of fibers.
- Download a Willie Wiredhand pumpkin carving stencil here.
- Choose which face size works best for your pumpkin. (Use a smaller stencil for shorter pumpkins.)
- Cut out the black eyes, nose and mouth from the stencil.
- Tape the paper stencil to the pumpkin.
- With a permanent marker, trace the cut-out shapes onto your pumpkin and remove the paper stencil.
- Using small pumpkin carving tools, cut out the shapes.
- Draw on Willie Wiredhand’s eyebrows.
- Place a tea light or LED candle inside the pumpkin and replace the crown!
TIP: If pumpkin carving is not your thing, trace Willie’s eyes, nose and mouth and fill with permanent marker or black paint!