Capital credit corner

Posted on Jan 27 2017 in Warren County REMC

Things a Warren County REMC member should know about capital credit payments:

  • Capital Credit retirement checks for the years 1982, 1983, 1985, 1994 and 65 percent of the year 1995 were mailed Jan. 11.
  • We will attempt to reach you at your last known address when refunds are issued.
  • To claim a check returned by mail, or request reissue of a lost check, you must provide valid identification.
  • Under current law, no part of the capital credit is subject to taxation unless your electric costs were deducted as an expense on your income tax return for the year the credits were allocated.

What should I do if I receive a check in the wrong name or in the name of a deceased member?

  • If a check is in the wrong name or you are an heir to the deceased member, additional documentation may be required (death certificate, agent apt. form and copy of valid ID)
  • Questions: Contact capital credit clerks at 844-224-0710 or stop by our office at 15 Midway, Williamsport, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.