If you reside in one of following townships and are interested in running for election, please contact the office in January to get your petition.
District 3 (Carter and Harrison townships in Spencer County)
District 4 (Hammond and Huff townships in Spencer County)
Any member of the co-op who is 21 years of age or older, resides in the district served and meets the following criteria is eligible for election:
- Must be willing to safeguard the interest of the cooperative among the members and the general public.
- Must not in any way be employed by or financially interested in a business selling supplies to the cooperative.
- Must not be a husband, wife, mother, father, brother,
sister, child or in-law of a current employee or director
of the cooperative.
- No present or former employee of the cooperative shall be eligible to become a board member.
- Must be willing to attend regularly scheduled and special meetings of the board of directors and also
attend national, state and local organization meetings
with associated interests.
- Must be willing to attain NRECA director certification within nine years after being elected.
All director nominees for election at the annual meeting must be nominated by a certified petition signed by 30 or more members of the cooperative who reside in the district from which the nominee is being selected to run. (For the purposes of this petition, a husband/wife constitute only one signature.)
Each petition must contain a certification by a member of the district that he or she personnally witnessed each signature included with the petition.
The petition must be filed at the office of the cooperative not less than 60 nor more than 100 days prior to the annual meeting. The assistant secretary-treasurer of the cooperative shall certify to the board of directors within 15 days after receipt of a petition whether or not the petition contains the necessary 30 member signatures. No nominations may be made at the annual meeting or during the 60-day period preceeding the meeting.
Forms are available at the Southern Indiana Power office. They will be accepted starting Jan. 10, and the deadline to submit the material is Feb. 19. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Hinton at 800-323-2316.