In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the May 30 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The April 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert provided a review for a cyber security upgrade, which was a 2018 budget item.
6. The board approved a resolution for a new work plan certifier.
7. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker (WPCT) effective July 1.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business. Seibert reported the following items:
a. Seibert provided an update on Tell City’s proposed annexation. The Tell City common council voted to end its annexation efforts.
b. Seibert reviewed the 2018 property tax report.
c. Seibert gave an update on the 2018 construction budget.
d. Seibert updated directors on the 2014-2017 work plan. The work plan has been extended for one year in order to encumber funds.
e. Seibert reported on a Co-ops One meeting held to discuss future business opportunities.
f. Seibert updated directors on a Waupaca joint operating committee meeting with Tell City electric department and Hoosier Energy.
g. Seibert reported on a meeting with Orion Solar to discuss the Troy solar array. This will be a Vectren-owned facility.
h. Seibert reported apprentice linemen Ryan Cassidy and Clint Heeke completed 40-hour rubber glove training.
i. Seibert informed the board the spray crew will start May 29 and will begin spraying on the Evanston and Tell City substations.
j. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Orange County REMC annual meeting — June 8, CFC Forum — June 10-13, Perry County chamber business awards — June 21, and CoBank conference — July 10-12.
9. Jon Elkins, job training and safety instructor with IEC, provided transformer safety back feed training on May 10. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and one public liability claim to report.
10. Seibert and Chairman Jeff Vogel discussed a NRECA good governance task force report that will be reviewed at future board meetings.
11. A marketing committee meeting has been scheduled for June 28.
12. An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for July 12.
13. Seibert was selected delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate to the NRECA Region I & IV meeting to be held Sept. 5-7.
14. Seibert was selected delegate and Waninger alternate to the NRUCFC meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA Region I & IV meeting.
15. Directors approved participation in the NRUCFC Cooperative System Integrity Fund.
16. Seibert provided directors information from Monroe Shine and London Witte Group for selection of the 2018 financial auditor. Selection of the 2018 auditor was tabled.
17. Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held May 7.
18. Director training information was provided to directors.
19. The next two board meetings will be June 27 and July 25.