To keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the June 24 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert. Also present was Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The May 27 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker revision.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
8. Seibert reported Perry County Port Authority withdrew its request to apply for a REDLG loan.
9. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board glass partitions have been installed in the lobby. The lobby will reopen July 6.
b. Seibert provided a RUS cushion of credit analysis.
c. Seibert informed the board the capital credit notices will be mailed to former members on July 23. Current members of Southern Indiana Power are no longer required to complete a capital credit notice. Checks will be issued in November.
d. Seibert advised directors of a Federated Insurance capital credit distribution.
e. Seibert reported on the My Solar program and provided a Distributed Generation report.
f. Seibert informed the board the NRECA regional meeting will be held virtually in October.
10. A safety meeting is scheduled for July 25. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
11. The board adopted a resolution to approve the 2020 Power Requirements Study.
12. A marketing committee meeting has been scheduled for July 17 at 8 a.m.
13. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held telephonically on June 9.
14. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held telephonically on June 10.
15. Chairman Jeff Vogel shared thank you notes received from Tell City After Prom, Perry Central athletics, Heritage Hills High School Parent and Teachers Support and Perry Central school corp.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Wednesday, July 29.