In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 29 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert, Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton and Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum.
2. The Aug. 31 board meeting minutes and special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum presented a departmental update to the board.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC, reviewing notes from a Sept. 16 project meeting.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert presenting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the co-op is continuing to monitor local COVID data. The office remains open with limited visitor access.
b. Seibert informed the board of a United Utility Supply patronage capital retirement check.
c. Seibert discussed CFC member capital securities.
d. Seibert reviewed the 2020 CFC Key Ratio Trend Analysis report.
e. Seibert reported on an upcoming Air Evac promotion.
f. Seibert reported an employee flu shot clinic was held Sept. 22.
g. Seibert informed the board he attended a luncheon with Indiana State Senator Mark Mesmer.
h. Seibert reported on a Waupaca Joint Operating Committee meeting that he attended.
i. Seibert informed the board the cooperative will be participating in the IEC Community Day on Oct. 5.
j. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: Spencer County fiber update meeting Oct. 19, Operation Round Up board meeting Oct. 20; CoBank Energy Director’s conference Oct. 25-27; IEC Annual meeting Dec. 6-7.
9. Cory Berg, job training and safety instructor with Hoosier Energy, conducted substation training and troubleshooting on Sept. 7. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
10. Director Kevin Waninger was selected voting delegate and chairman Jeff Vogel alternate to the 2021 Indiana Electric Cooperatives annual meeting to be held Dec. 6-7.
11. Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ director for 2022.
12. Director Gary Waninger reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 9-10. Director Kleaving reported on the CFC meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA regional meeting.
13. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 7 p.m.