1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Present via Webex were Hoosier Energy employees: President/CEO Donna Walker, Senior Vice President of Member Engagement Shannon Thom and COO Rob Horton.
2. The Oct. 27 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Walker, Horton and Thom gave an insightful update focusing on upcoming challenges in the industry.
7. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker and its impact on the co-ops financial position.
8. Seibert provided directors an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC. Seibert reported on progress of each phase of the project.
9. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported we continue to monitor local COVID-19 data.
b. Seibert informed the board he and directors Randy Kleaving and Gary Waninger attended an IEC legislative dinner.
c. Seibert reviewed results of the 2021 ACSI survey with directors.
d. Seibert informed directors of identified electric distribution cost pressures.
e. Seibert reported capital credit retirement checks for the year 1996 were mailed Nov. 10.
f. Seibert informed the board that a legal notice of unclaimed capital credits for 1994 are to be published in the Perry County News on Nov. 22 and the Spencer County Journal Democrat on Nov. 24.
g. Seibert reported that unclaimed capital credits for 1988-1989 will become permanent equity of the cooperative on Dec. 1, 2021.
h. Seibert reported the IEC Annual Meeting will be held Dec. 6-7.
i. Seibert provided a listing of 2022 NRECA meeting dates for directors.
10. Adam Lock, safety and risk management instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted safety rules review and URD safety training on Nov. 11. Cory Berg, safety training instructor at Hoosier Energy, conducted switchgear and underground terminations review on Nov. 16. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
11. Seibert reviewed the 2022 distributed generation rate.
12. A budget committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 22.
13. Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Nov. 8.
14. Director training information was provided to the board.
15. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Tuesday, Dec. 28.