In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the July 28 board meeting.
1. All directors were present. Also present were CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton..
2. The June 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided and update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. As the first item of new business, the CEO report was given with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the cooperative continues to monitor local COVID-19 data and follow CDC guidelines.
b. Seibert reported travel/training restrictions and procedures related to the pandemic are still in place.
c. Seibert informed the board he met with State Sen. Houchin and State Rep. Bartels.
d. Seibert reported the cooperative received capital credit checks from NRTC and Pioneer Utility Resources.
e. Seibert reported the spray crew is spraying on the Newtonville and Evanston substations.
f. Seibert provided a FORE and ACRE update.
g. Seibert will attend a broadband meeting with Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch on July 29.
h. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: NRECA CEO conference – Aug. 18-20, NRECA Regional Meeting – Sept. 9-10, Hoosier Energy business meeting – Sept. 28, CoBank Energy Directors Conference – Oct. 25-27.
8. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory consultant with IEC, conducted pole top and bucket truck rescue safety training on June 26. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
9. Seibert was selected voting delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate for the NRECA director election at IEC.
10. CEO and board evaluation forms were distributed.
11. A wage and salary committee meeting has been scheduled for Aug. 30.
12. Seibert reported on an Annual Meeting committee meeting held July 14.
13. Director G. Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held July 12.
14. Chairman Jeff Vogel shared thank you notes received from Cody and Kasi Pfeifer, Dirk and Rox Stein and State Sen. Mark Messmer.
15. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Tuesday, Aug. 31.