In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Aug. 31 board meeting.
1. All directors were present. Also present were CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The July 28 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided and update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported while Perry County is in COVID red status, the office has been closed to the public and CDC guidelines have been adhered to.
b. Seibert informed the board mask and travel/training restrictions and procedures related to the pandemic are still in place as we continue to monitor local COVID data.
c. Seibert reported on an NRECA CEO conference he attended.
d. Seibert discussed an outage at Waupaca.
e.Seibert reviewed an IEC billing survey with the board.
f. Seibert reported the cooperatives 2020 ACSI score was 86, up from 83 in 2018.
g. Seibert informed the board spraying for 2020 has concluded with the spray crew finishing up on Evanston and Newtonville subs.
h. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: PC Chamber Annual Picnic — Sept. 2, NRECA Regional Meeting — Sept. 9-10, CoBank Energy Directors Conference — Oct. 25-27.
8. Seibert reported that due to the COVID red status in Perry County, the August safety meeting was canceled. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
9. Seibert discussed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker with the board. There will be no changes to member rates at this time.
10. The board approved Catalyst Consulting LLC to perform a cost of service and rate design study for the cooperative in 2022.
11. Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Aug. 9.
12. Director Randy Kleaving reported on the Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held Aug. 25.
13. Recommendations from the wage and salary committee were presented by Committee Chairman Kevin Waninger and approved by the board.
14. Information regarding the 2021 CoBank Energy Directors Conference was provided to directors.
15. Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from Christian Resource Center, Blues on the Rock, Marsha Canada and State Representative Steven Bartels.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept. 29.