In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Feb. 23 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was Manager of Engineering Todd Hammond.
2. The Feb. 23 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. Hammond provided directors an update on the engineering department.
6. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker effective April 1.
7. Seibert provided a fiber project update.
8. Seibert provided information for an upcoming strategic planning session.
9. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported we continue to monitor local COVID-19 data.
b. Seibert informed the board LWG is conducting the 2021
c. Seibert reported on the recent large outage that was due to ice
on Hoosier Energy’s transmission lines.
d. Seibert informed the board of a potential CFC loan
e. Seibert reported the EAP moratorium ends March 15.
f. Seibert informed the board of RUS draws for the electric and
g. Seibert informed the board of a patronage capital check from
h. Seibert informed directors of upcoming meeting dates:
NRECA annual meeting — March 6-9, NRECA directors’
conference — April 2-5, Operation Round Up board of
trustees meeting — March 21, Hoosier Energy annual
meeting — April 7.
10. Greg Pemberton, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, conducted CPR/First Aid/AED training on Feb. 9. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
11. The board approved a request from Indiana Electric Cooperatives for a corporate donation for 2022 FORE participation.
12. The board approved Power Centric as the engineering firm for the 2023-2026 work plan.
13. Seibert was selected voting delegate for the upcoming CRC annual meeting.
14. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Feb. 14.
15. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held Feb. 16.
16. Chairman Jeff Vogel reported on the Youth Tour committee meeting. Jeremiah Steckler (homeschool) and Lilly Gogel (Lincoln Trail Elementary School) were selected to attend Camp Kilowatt. Kevin Dilger (Heritage Hills High School) and Autumn Meyer (Perry Central Jr./Sr. High School) were selected to attend the 2022 Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C.
17. Chairman Vogel read thank you notes from Susan Davis and Adrian Davis.
18. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, March 30.