In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Dec. 28 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Nov. 17 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The November directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the fiber project with PSC providing directors details of all phases of the project.
7. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board the front lobby is currently
open as we continue to monitor local COVID-19 data.
b. Seibert informed the board of 2021 capital credit
allocations from NISC.
c. Seibert reported board nomination petitions can be
picked up beginning Jan. 10 and must be returned by
d. Seibert reported the following dates: NRECA CEO
Conference — Jan. 8-10, LEDC Annual Meeting —
8. Joe Banfield, safety instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted hazard recognition and mayday procedures safety training on Dec. 14. Eric Wilson, training and safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, performed Lock Out/Tag Out review on Dec. 27. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
9. A listing of bad debt accounts to be written off was reviewed and approved by the board.
10. Directors reviewed the 2022 board meeting schedule.
11. An Annual Meeting Committee Meeting has been scheduled for Jan. 21.
12. Chairman Jeff Vogel was elected voting delegate and Director Dirk Stein alternate for the NRECA 2022 PowerXchange conference March 7-9.
13. Director Randy Kleaving was elected voting delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate for the NRTC annual meeting to be held March 6.
14. Director K. Waninger reported on the IEC annual meeting held Dec. 6-7.
15. Director G. Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held Dec. 13.
16. Committee Chairman Philip Meyer and Seibert reported on the budget committee meeting held Dec. 22. Following discussion, the board approved the 2022 budget as presented.
17. Chairman Vogel read thank you notes from Perry Central boys basketball, Santa Claus Park and Recreation and St. Meinrad Volunteer Fire Department.
18. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 26.