In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the April 27 board meeting.
1. All directors were present. Also present were CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The first item of business was the reorganization of the board. Director Jeff Vogel was re-elected chairman of the board, Director Gary Waninger was elected vice chairman, and Director Dirk Stein was elected secretary/treasurer.
3. The April 27 board meeting agenda was approved.
4. The March 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
5. The membership certificates were reviewed.
6. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
7. The January, February and March financials were reviewed and approved.
8. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
a. Seibert reported the cooperative continues to monitor local
b. Seibert provided an update on the April 19 annual meeting,
reporting 2,011 members registered by mail and in person.
Jeff Vogel was re-elected by acclamation to district 1. Chris
Burroughs was elected to district 2, and David Lynch was
re-elected to district 7. All three were elected to serve three-
year terms. Prize winners will be contacted and will be listed
in the June issue of Indiana Connection magazine.
c. Seibert provided the RUS 2021 Form 7 to directors.
d. Seibert reported on the April 21 kickoff meeting for the new
e. Seibert discussed results of the 2021 new service and
service order survey.
f. Seibert reported the following meeting dates — NRECA
Legislative Conference, May 1-3; ACES Member
Conference, June 2-3; and CFC Forum, June 20-22.
10. The 2022 Southern Indiana Power annual meeting was reviewed. The board approved Tuesday, April 18, as the 2023 annual meeting date.
11. Greg Pemberton, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, provided tool and truck inspection safety training on April 26. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
12. The board approved 2021 capital credit allocations as presented by Seibert.
13. Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum was appointed assistant secretary/treasurer to the board of directors for 2022.
14. Seibert reviewed the utility receipts tax repeal with the board.
15. The board approved Operation Round Up board of trustee nominations of Roger Hurm and Michelle Lynch. Each will serve a three-year term.
16. Director Kleaving reported on the IEC board meeting held April 20.
17. Director Kleaving reported on the Hoosier Energy annual meeting held April 7.
18. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Wednesday, May 25.