Serving a rural area means serving more than just its people. LaGrange County REMC aims to serve and protect the land, which supports us all.
One way we do this is through our EnviroWatts grant program, which benefits nonprofit service organizations working to improve the environment locally.
Is your organization cleaning up a local river or lake? Are you trying to plant more native species in your area? Do you promote recycling or educate the public on environmental issues?
Perfect! This grant could help boost those endeavors and benefit the community at large.
Projects that are eligible for EnviroWatts grants include those with a goal to:
- Develop renewable energy sources and resources,
- Reduce energy use,
- Improve the air quality of the local area,
- Enhance species diversity,
- Create or restore habitat for wildlife,
- Plant trees or native plants,
- Encourage recycling,
- Educate individuals about safe disposal of waste, especially hazardous/chemical waste, or
- Educate the public on local environmental issues.
For a copy of the application, visit lagrangeremc.com/envirowatts or pick up a copy at our office.