February may be the shortest month of the year, but it’s packed with special observances like Presidents Day, Black History Month and Valentine’s Day, in addition to a host of unofficial “national” days you’ve probably never heard of like National Tater Tot Day. But they all have something in common — they were created to draw attention to a particular issue or theme.
For example, Valentine’s Day isn’t just for the lovebirds. It’s also the perfect time to let our friends, family, co-workers and other special people in our lives know we care about them — with or without a store-bought greeting card.
So, in that vein, we’ve created our list of top five reasons why we love serving you, the members of Noble REMC.
- We love serving our members because without you, the co-op wouldn’t exist. Our purpose is to provide you with reliable, responsible and safe electricity. Simply put, Noble REMC exists to serve you. That’s why we were formed 85 years ago — to bring power to our local area when for-profit utilities would not.
- You enable us to complete our mission by supporting our efforts to give back. A major part of our mission is to serve our community and look after the greater good. With your assistance, we’re able to help members of our community through programs like Operation Round Up and EnviroWatts, which give to nonprofit organizations doing good work.
- Members of our co-op also serve on our board of directors. They provide guidance for setting co-op priorities and helping make big decisions. Because our board members live in the area, they’re able to serve as the pulse of the larger community and identify immediate and long-term needs.
- You help us get it right. Our members keep us in the know. When Mother Nature throws us a curveball, our members are quick to report any power disruptions and are patient as our crews work to safely restore power. Your understanding and support as we work through storms means so much to our employees. We also appreciate your feedback on co-op programs and services because your opinions are critical for the co-op’s success.
- You and other Noble REMC members make up the community we serve — and for us, it’s all about community. Our employees live and work here too and care about our community the same way you do. We’re invested and work to help it thrive. That’s why Noble REMC donates to local events, schools, youth organizations and nonprofits. It’s also why we invest in economic development, and why you’ll see our employees volunteering at local schools and other charitable and community endeavors.